Programme Coordinator, Centre for Eastern Studies (OSW)
Non-Resident Senior Fellow and Senior Adviser at CEPA
Head of the International Security Research Division at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs
Associate Professor at the Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa
- With the vision set out in the Compass, what does the EU bring to the table?
- How realistic, politically and economically, is its promise to deliver military rapid reaction capability?
- To what extent can the EU undertake military crisis management while its Member States increasingly turn their attentions to defence?
- Do NATO and the EU have a common perception of how to deal with the threats they both recognise?
- Can they agree on a division of responsibility? Is there a role for the UK in Europe’s defence efforts?