Chairman, Centre for Liberal Strategies
Programme Director and Co-Founder, European Policy Centre
Senior Fellow, German Council on Foreign Relations
Deputy Prime Minister of Moldova
President and CEO, National Endowment for Democracy
- What is the mindset of the countries of the Western Balkans after the war?
- Where do their national sympathies and interests lay?
- Have they maintained their EU perspective, or is their focus turning elsewhere?
- Will the EU lose out to others such as Russia, China, and Turkey?
- Can the EU prevent disaffection in the region?
- What is Serbia’s role in building or destroying stability in the region, and in influencing the political orientation and EU membership aspirations of others?
- What should the EU do next?