Senior Fellow, German Institute for International and Security Studies
Head of the Socio-Cultural Research Department, Levada Center, Russia
Deputy Director, Center for Comprehensive European and International Studies, National Research University – High School of Economics, Russia
Head of Strategic Assessment Section, Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations, Russian Academy of Sciences
- What are the driving forces and possible triggers in Russian society?
- Are the provinces rising?
- Who are the serious challengers to the sitting power?
- What does Alexei Navalny represent to Russians—a fearless hero or a fearless fool—and how relevant a political player is he?
- Will the younger generation take an active role or remain disengaged from political life?
- What does the Russian electorate think of the West, and what impact does confrontation with the West have?
- What is the level of mistrust in society, and has it been influenced by COVID-19?
- Can President Vladimir Putin still flex his political muscles, or is he becoming more isolated in the Kremlin and losing his grasp of real life?
- Is Putin taking, as Francis Fukuyama notes, risks that the Soviets would have never taken?
- How will the growing unrest in Russia and at its borders impact the elections?