Few doubted that western military presence should be ended. But the chaotic implementation of this policy has led many to question the credibility of the US, and its international role. NATO allies are irritated at the lack of consultation and fearful of another migration crisis.
- What is the immediate future for Afghanistan?
- Could instability spill across its borders to Central Asia?
- How will the withdrawal affect US domestic and foreign politics?
- What will be the impact on transatlantic relations?
- Does the situation present opportunities for Russia and China?